Garrett County Commission for Women is to award up to five $500 scholarships!
- Be a woman at least 2 years past a high school degree or a high school equivalency (GED);
- Be at least 20 years of age;
- Be accepted to an accredited vocational, technical, or academic program at an accredited institution, which will lead to a certiﬁcate of completion or degree, and;
- Have lived, worked or attended school in Garrett County for at least the past 5 years.
To apply, you must:
- Complete an application; Click here to gain access!
- Provide a transcript if already attending;
- Provide proof of enrollment in an accredited vocational, technical,
or post-secondary school, college or university; and
- Get one letter of reference.
Deadline: April 1, 2022 @ 4:30 p.m.
Completed applications with all required supporting documents must be received by April 1, 2022. They should be dropped off at, or mailed to, Garrett County Commission for Women, c/o Board of County Commissioners, 203 South Fourth Street, Room 207, Oakland, MD 21550.
Questions? Contact GCCW Chair Lisa Thayer Welch at 301-501-1132