2020 Maureen R. Sharps Scholarship
Applications Available Now
April 30, 2020 at 4:30 pm
One $5,000 scholarship will be awarded ($2,500 per semester for Fall 2020/Spring 2021)
Qualifications: You must:
- Be a woman at least 2 years past a high school degree or a high school equivalency (GED);
- Be at least 20 years of age;
- Be accepted to an accredited educational or related academic program at an accredited institution, which will lead to a certiﬁcate of completion or degree; and
- Have lived, worked or attended school in Garrett County for at least the past 5 years.
To apply, you must:
- Complete an application;
- Provide a transcript if already attending;
- Provide proof of enrollment in an accredited vocational, technical, or post-secondary school, college or university;
- Get two letters of reference.
April 30, 2020 @ 4:30 p.m.
Completed applications, with all required supporting documents, must be received by April 30, 2020.
They should be dropped off at, or mailed to:
Board of County Commissioners
203 South Fourth Street, Room 207
Oakland, MD 21550